JDS Monthly Bulletin "JDS News" January 2015
Table of Contents
- New year's greetings
"Let our activities be the power to change the society little by little for the better"
- On the usage of expression "persons with Down Syndrome"
- STEP FORWARD TOGETHER 2015 "It is not a dream to us!"
- a commemorative event in Tokyo
- Stage performers
- Donation would be appreciated for WDSD related events
- 19th JDS National round-seminar in Tokyo
Wishing for the better environment surrounding the persons with Down syndrome
- Cover story: Treasures given by my daughter Sonoko
- Voices of the Self-advocates (No.10)
"What I want to tell you: let's live cheerfully with smile"
- Ratification of the Convention on the Rights of the Persons with Disabilities and development of a domestic legal framework - towards JDS Declaration
Vol.2: Basic Law on Persons with Disabilities
- Reporting: Day 2 of the training seminar for JDS consultation staff (vol.4)
"Children with Down syndrome at school, Roles of the teachers"
- National Forum for Japan Patients Association ends in success
- JDS booth at the Japan Society of Human Genetics
- [Book Review]
- revised edition of a mini book on Down syndrome:
"For the new parents of a child with down syndrome"
- What the society expects from the people with disabilities: considering issues around the intellectual skills from the practical lifelong learning
- Rehabilitation guidebook for persons with Down syndrome (an illustrative book)
- Infant Development Consultation No.231
Introducing the consultation staff
- Message from the Directors: November
- Notes from the Office: 11/1 to 11/30
- Information Bulletin
Cover Photo of This Month
Sonoko Miyamoto, 29-year-old from Wakayama Prefecture, have gone around 17 temples on a pilgrimage in Kochi prefecture with her mother and aunt in April 2009.
For the cover story, please read pages eight and nine.